Benefits of the Unicorn participation
The Unicorn can smooth out the "booms" and "busts" typical on a traffic
Your exchange's heartbeat - its "life-blood" - is surfing in one form or
another. aWolfPack Ten can help you enhance the performance, appearance,
and profitability of your traffic exchange. Every exchange goes
through 'boom' and 'bust' periods, both of which can slow down surfing:
- Credit Boom: You run a token sale or a special offer to keep customers
active and spending.
Several of your high-volume surfers
snag some extra tokens and stop surfing. AACK! Now they have a
token balance, the burn rate is slower, and the unique count declines!
- The Unicorn can provide incoming views from other traffic
exchange to help 'burn down' those credits, and keep the purchase
- The Unicorn when used for 'incoming views', also increases the
"uniqueness" of your traffic, since your member sites will be surfed by
people who are not members of your exchange.
- Credit Bust: Many of your users are running out of tokens. This
in turn frustrates some of your surfers because they're
surfing the same sites over and over... low average user token balances make your
exchange look smaller than it actually is.
- The Unicorn provides, in amounts you control, a larger base
of sites to present to your surfing customers. You are providing
visitors to other exchanges in this way, without having to make
arrangements with these exchanges.
- Those "outgoing" views also earned you what we call 'network
so you can commandeer more incoming views when needed. [i.e.:
Build up a balance to use during the next 'boom']
These are the issues that The Unicorn was designed to solve.
We are a 'visit exchange': we have a system where you can exchange visits
within our network of traffic exchanges. This means that our member
sites can instantly appear to have a much wider membership base, and can
help each other "even out" the 'boom' and 'bust' periods typical to a traffic
The Unicorn is offering this exchange through an easy-to-use system:
- You create one or more 'network pages' with a link to our
distribution center. To your system, these are just regular
links on your site that happen to point at aWolfPack Ten. So, you
can control outgoing views by the
tools on your site you are already familiar with.
- Just like a regular traffic exchange, outgoing visits earn
you tokens on our network. They are stored and accounted
for here, separate from your relationship with your customers.
- When that page is viewed, we generate a frame containing
our information, and 'open in a new window' link, and a
'report this site' link, and a tag-line for the site who's
page is being shown. This allows reporting to be
recorded by us for compliance, and to get the report to the
webmaster who can actually do something about the issue.
Your surfers would see a page similar to the following.
- Note how this is superior to a standard "rotator":
- There is a centralized reporting mechanism which captures
the exact url that was shown, along with the reporter's IP
address and DNS lookup
- There is a 'pitch area' on the right edge, which promotes
the exchange showing this page
- You have the ability to control the colors of the bar &
background to suit your site's style
- You create or receive an extra script file from us which
handles inbound traffic to your site. That script is
tied to your membership here, at aWolfPack Ten. On our network,
you can activate, pause, or control the maximum hourly visit
rate to your taste.
- Like any other traffic exchange, incoming visits cost
you tokens on our network. You can pause your network account
at any time if you need to 'build up a balance'.
Alternatively, you can control the incoming rate by
specifying a maximum number of inbound visits per hour or
- We have
started contacting both
individual webmasters and Traffic Exchange software
developers to expand the kinds of exchanges we
will be compatible with.
- We are more than willing to work with sites to build
inbound interfaces for them. Our goal is to support
as many different traffic exchanges as possible.
The Unicorn also provides an integrated Blacklist/White list system